Call for Resumes
Position: College Students & Graduate Students
Start Date: As needed/proposed
End Date: Assignment/availability dependent
Location: San Rafael, CA / from home/ International
Roots of Peace is a humanitarian organization whose mission is to rid the world of landmines and other remnants of war by transforming toxic minefields into thriving farmland and communities through a focus on sustainable, organic farming practices.
We welcome proposals or offers of work from college or graduate students interested in gaining experience in International Development; non-profit management; agriculture; agri-business; value chain work; supply chain work; international trade development
Description of Role:
This role can be crafted to suit individuals looking to gain experience in a particular area or projects that would contribute to ROP programs or operations.
We are often in need of people with strong writing and analytical skills to assist with studies and reports written by experts who may not come from native English speaking background.
Other areas of common need may be related to logistics and project management; non-profit administration; fundraising and donor relations; business development and proposal writing.
- A current undergraduate or graduate student or recent graduate with studies or interests in a relevant field.
- Own computer and reliable internet connection; familiarity with Skype, document sharing services and typical office suite applications and software.
- Ability to dedicate agreed upon amount of time per assignment.
- Ability to work independently toward completion of goal(s).
- Interest in ROP project locations and cultural contexts.
- Fluency in English with added interest in language(s) skills of regions where we work.
If you are interested in working with ROP, we are accepting resumes/CVs through email to Kelly McKinnon, email@example.com. Please send your current resume or CV indicating your interest in working with ROP in the email subject line.