Test Your Knowledge! Quiz on Vietnam
1) What rank is Vietnam in volume of global pepper production? a) 1st b) 2nd c) 5th d) 7th
2) In Vietnam, there are __ officially recognized ethnic groups, each with their own language, heritage and culture.
a) 4 b) 14 c) 34 d) 54
3) How many miles of coastline does Vietnam have?
a) 1057 b) 2138 c) 2709 d) 2904
4) In English, there is usually just one word for addressing the second person: You. In Vietnamese everyday speech, the word ‘You’ is differentiated based on the person’s age and gender in relation to yourself. How many main titles of address are there?
A) 2 B) 4 C) 9 D) 12
5) Vietnam’s cuisine is vast and varies greatly from the southern end of the country to the northern. However, all dishes have something in common, which is the inclusion of _____ fundamental flavors or tastes.
a) 2 b) 3 c) 4 d) 5 (Based on the five elements)
6) Vietnam is the number one global exporter of:
a) Cashews b) Coffee c) Pepper d) All of the above
7) Vietnam has a rich level of biodiversity, and his home to ___% of the world’s plant and animal species.
a) 1% b) 4% c) 16% d) 19%
8) Vietnamese is a tonal language, which means the meaning of words can change entirely depending on how they are pronounced. How many tones are there?
a) 3 b) 5 c) 6 d) 8
9) The population of Vietnam is around 92 million. That makes it the ___ most populous country in the world.
a) 5th b) 9th c) 13th d) 25th
10) Vietnam has ___ million motorbikes, which is almost 1 per every person not too old or young to drive one.
a) 20 b) 26 c) 35 d) 39
Answers: 1) a 2) d 3) b 4) c 5) d 6) d 7) c 8) c 9) c 10) d